We are members of the Renewable Energy Association consumer code. This demonstrates our commitment to treating customers fairly. The REAL Assurance Scheme has been set up by the Renewable Energy Association. It aims to guarantee a high quality experience for consumers wishing to buy or lease small generation units for their home, for a community building or for a small business. REAL membership is a sign that the supplier has agreed to abide by the high standards as set out in the REAL Consumer Code. The REAL logo is a symbol of professional excellence.
>The Microgeneration Certification scheme has been created by the Department for Business Regulation and Reform and the Department of Energy and Climate Change to set high standards for providers of renewable energy. This certification scheme provides an ongoing, independent, third party assessment of Installers of Microgeneration systems and technologies to ensure that the requirements of the appropriate standards are met and maintained.
HETAS is the official body recognised by government to approve solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services. HETAS operates a registration scheme for heating engineers with special skills in the installation and maintenance of solid fuel heating systems - particularly wood-burning (Biomass) systems.
In addition to regulating the activities and standards of its members, the Solar Trade Association (STA) serves as an enquiry centre for the public, industry and governmental bodies. It provides information to enhance the general understanding of the advantages derived from solar energy.
A Greener Alternative can advise building professionals on meeting 'Sustainable Homes' targets for renewable technologies and provide general guidance on renewable technology integration for existing systems.
- perform site surveys to determine the design heat loss of the building
- provide Biomass system performance calculations to the Microgeneration MIS3004 standard
- for domestic and commercial solar installations, we can provide estimated annual energy performance in accordance with the SAP 2005 (App H) methodology (Microgeneration MIS3001 standard) and provide similar data for non-domestic properties
- advise on the integration of biomass and solar heating into existing systems to attain planning targets
- provide advice on sizing biomass boilers, chimney linings or new flues to Part J standards
- certify boimass and solar installations for the RHI
- certify biomass installations with a HETAS certificate of compliance